How will the world know God has sent the Son, except by the way we love one another! God has given us at the Good Neighbor Caring Center in Dalin, Chiayi County, Taiwan many ways to reach out to our young people with the love of Christ–
- Saturday afternoons we have music classes, with teachers teaching piano, ocarina, ukelele and guitar. We hope to get a cajon in lieu of a drum set for now. These classes have just been running two weeks, with about 7 students coming out. Praise God for 90 year old Mr. Lim volunteering his time to teach piano, and church member Sandy Chen volunteering her time to teach ocarina and ukelele–AND taking responsibility to contact the students and organize our class lists! We have a short 20 minute “Getting to Know Jesus” time in the middle of two music sessions between 2:30-4:30. We are hoping to give our students the chance to serve in church once a month after they have become more proficient with their instruments.
- WHIZ Kids program on Sunday mornings gives our Youth the chance to serve as Little Teachers for the Elementary School children. It’s a great time for them to hide God’s Word in their hearts, too!
- Sunday Evening English Conversation class has been a great stage for talking about spiritual things as we go through a book called, “Uplifting Stories.”
- After-School English class meets twice a week for our Junior High students; as Mark and Ruth will be going on home service for six months beginning October 23rd, we are wondering if God has a college student who is fluent in English who would like to carry on this service to a group of about 5 students–all 8th graders this year at Dalin Junior High!
- We just finished a week of Leadership Youth Camp at Dalin Junior High, thanks to the help of 18 teachers–mostly university students–from Nan Jing East Road Church in Taipei! We had about 18 students come out; Wednesday’s pizza party drew out 30 youth, who were blessed by the evangelistic skit and message prepared and executed so well by their teachers from Taipei! We are rejoicing with the angels in Heaven, as Emily trusted Jesus!
TODAY we got to treat our After-School Students to a trip to Sun Moon Lake! Why not treat them like FAMILY, for Jesus!